As a business owner your ultimate goal is to go above and beyond.
Make the bride and groom so happy that you have eliminated all stress and worry.
You want to provide an experience that when their wedding day arrives there is no doubt that you have everything handled.
3 Ways Wedding Professionals Can Wow
1. Wedding Questionnaire
Ask the bride and groom questions to learn about them on a deeper level.
Each of your couples have their own love language and this applies in the business world too.
Each couple is so different so you want to create an experience catered around them.
Making them feel like you truly know them is key and provides with them the feeling that you are their own client.
The survey should grow after every wedding, because you will face new requests with each new couple.
Questionnaire For All Wedding Pros
1. What is your wedding style?
2. What do you feel you will remember the most about your wedding day?
3. What do you think is a complete waste in a wedding?
4. Is there anything special you want included in your wedding day?
5. Is there anything you want eliminated in your wedding day?
6. Are there are any special dynamics with your family?
7. What is your favorite thing about each other?
Questionnaire For Wedding Photographers
1.What is the time of each stage of your day? (getting ready, arriving to the reception, cocktail hour, leaving the ceremony, arriving to the reception, etc.)
2. Location of where you are getting ready?
3. How are you arriving to the ceremony?
4. How are you leaving the ceremony?
5. Will you have a receiving line?
6. Will you have a formal exit?
7. Do you have certain spots at the ceremony and reception that you want captured?
8. Are you doing a first look?
9. What is your hashtag?
10. What 'must have' photos do you want us to capture?
11. What is the order of events at the ceremony?
12. What is the order of events at the reception?
13. How many are in the bridal party?
14. Parents, Step Parents and Siblings?
15. Are you working with a Wedding Planner?
2. THE Wedding Dress
Her dress is so important on this big day, because it is the dress she has been dreaming of since she was a little girl.
A little girl with the pillowcase on the back of her head dreaming of her prince charming.
Her dress can be immortalized by all wedding professionals in some manner.
1. Photographer - Capture a photo of her wedding dress on her, from top to bottom in artificial light, if it is sunny day. The sun will wash out all the detail of her wedding dress. Dusk is a perfect time for outdoor photos of her dress. Make sure the photo of her in the dress is not obstructed by the groom or bouquet. There is nothing worse that seeing photos that don't capture THE dress fully.
2. Videographer - Devoting a portion of your video to her dress will be something she will be forever grateful for. For her to see every piece of her dress and the curves of her body will be a great memory for her to have.
3. DJ / Band - Use lighting to show off her dress when they have their first dance together.
4. Wedding Planner - Take the extra step to make sure her dress is fully protected from those getting ready around her with makeup, food and drinks.
3. Wedding Day Emergency Kit
Be there for them above your normal duties.
Keep an emergency kit on hand for the couple.
This kit will grow after each wedding.
Again you will face many needs from many different couples you will be working with.
You will be the wedding pro in their life that keeps saving the day.
- Medicine: headache, stomach ache, indigestion, allergies
- Sewing kit
- Safety Pins
- Q Tips
- Fashion tape
- Blotting paper
- Earring backs
- Tide Pen
- Chalk (quick fix if the dress gets a little stain)
- Tampons and pads
- Super glue
- Clear nail polish
- Nail file
- Eyelash glue
- Eye drops
- Anti blister stick
- Sole Insert
- Breath mints
- Lint roller
- Plugin hand steamer
- Hand sanitizer
- Phone chargers
Your ultimate goal with going above and beyond is for the bride and groom to feel you truly made an impact on their day by putting them first for any and all needs they have.
A very happy couple rewards you with referrals and amazing 5-star reviews, but truly knowing you made their magical day perfect is one of the most rewarding feelings as a wedding professional.
Join The Enly Team
- 8 PDFs: Includes the marketing plan that I use for my wedding business. What I do on a daily basis and everything that made my business a success.